Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership
The Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership is made up of 81 schools working together to improve PE & school sport opportunities for all young people. We are based at South Wigston High School and work with primary and secondary schools across Blaby, Harborough and Oadby & Wigston local authorities in South Leicestershire.
- Improving the PE experience for every young person
- Using PE and sport to inspire learning and achievement
- Enabling every young person to enjoy competition and providing pathways for the most talented
- Improving the health of young people in South Leicestershire through targeted participation in physical activity
- Developing the skills of school staff, coaches and volunteers through high quality training and professional development
- Connecting school and community sport
- Supporting the development of young leaders and volunteers
The School Games
A key area of our work is to co-ordinate competitive school sport locally. The School Games is the Government's structure for competitive school sport and a key strategy for creating a meaningful sporting legacy from the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. It involves all young people in Years 3 to 13, with a range of opportunities to ensure the inclusion of young people with all abilities and backgrounds through:
- Intra-School Competition within a school environment, house teams or form groups competing in varied and regular competition throughout the year.
- Inter-School Competition regular leagues taking place between schools at a local level throughout the year, with the best school teams qualifying to take part at the county level School Games Festival.
- National Event a major multi-sport event for the most talented young people of school age. The event provides a showcase for our best sporting talent.
To find out more about the work of Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership go to www.learningsouthleicestershiressp.org.uk/