Get your School Involved with the Daily Boost Dance MAYnia Challenge
Posted: Tue, 11 May 2021 08:40
During the month of May, why not join the Daily Boost and take part in our brand new Dance MAYnia Challenge!
Between the 4th May to 4th June, Daily Boost is encouraging schools to wiggle, shake, jump and twist throughout the day in our most recent, dance themed challenge to get pupils moving in a whole variety of ways during the school day.
The Challenge has been running for a week now and we have already seen registered schools engaging with the dance theme, as well as having some new schools signing up to get involved too. Woolden Hill Primary School are one of the schools already getting involved with the challenge and their teacher said,
"Our kids are loving the Daily Boost and are smashing it!"
Children love to receive boost bands when they have achieved milestone minutes with the programme and these incentives as well as the creative ways registered schools have been getting involved with Daily Boost, has definitely highlighted improvement in pupil behaviour, concentration and general mood during the school day. The main aim is for everyone to have lots of fun and enjoy being active throughout the day.
As well as the general benefits of the programme, this Challenge also provides an opportunity for any school to win some sport equipment vouchers, with the Prize Draw categories including:
- Any NEW School that registers with the Daily Boost between 4th May to 4th June, will be entered into a free Prize Draw to win a £50 Sports equipment voucher.
- Any School that shares Dance MAYnia or any Daily Boost activity with @DailyBoost_LRS on Twitter between 4th May to 4th June, will be entered into a free Prize Draw to win a £50 Sports equipment voucher!
- All Schools that upload data to the Boost Tracker/provides us with their Daily Boost participation figures for the Summer Term 1 (Deadline of 12 midnight on 11th June) will be entered into a free Prize Draw to win a £100 Sports equipment voucher!
This Challenge provides an opportunity for schools to take part in our new Annual Daily Boost Dance competition. We are looking for a school to represent their district at the Virtual School Games Summer Championship 21st June – 25th June. Why not spend May creating a dance routine in your Daily Boost sessions and log your minutes of activity to earn your Boost Bands. Submit your entry to your SSPAN contact by the deadline 11th June, and your school could be featured on twitter during the week of the championships. Criteria for entry to the Competition is as follows:
- Daily Boost registered school
- Inclusive, evoke the spirit of the School Games.
- Video submission to be approx. 2.5 minutes with permissions to appear on SM and our webpage
- Ideally a routine that others could follow but not essential
Daily Boost Challenges offer a great opportunity to introduce, re-launch or carry on the programme at your school or you can simply try out our new "Mini Boost" resources and boost your schools' position on the Daily Boost Tracker! And remember, the great thing about the Daily Boost is that you can choose to do ANY activity at ANY time of the day to suit the needs of your class pupils, classroom, and teacher.
The resources for this Challenge are exclusive to those who are registered Daily Boost schools, so don't miss your chance to get involved today. Click here to sign up now! It's never to late to sign your school up.
We cannot wait to see a great variety of fun, inclusive, entertaining dance routines that celebrate the joy of dancing/movement to music as well as schools just having lots of fun throughout the month of May. Good luck everyone!!