New Workforce Education Programme Courses - 2018/19
Posted: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 10:00
Welcome to Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport's (LRS) Workforce Development Programme, running from September 2018 to July 2019. The aim of this programme is to develop a skilled, motivated and fit for purpose workforce (paid and voluntary) that is representative of our communities.
Who is it For?
Whether you are new to coaching or an experienced coach, an established club or just getting started, those wishing to promote physical activity within their settings eg. Early Years Practitioners, or just looking for awareness raising sessions (eg. Mental Health, Autism etc) then this brochure will provide you with details and information on workshops across Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland.
If you are a coach operating at any level, either in a paid or a voluntary capacity you will benefit from attending one or more of the UK Coaching workshops advertised. The Club Structures programme will support clubs who are seeking more players, more funds or better facilities and offer club volunteers a range of lively informative workshops designed to help clubs tackle these challenges.
As with previous years, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport will again subsidise the cost of the courses, helping to ensure cost is not a barrier to attending.
What's new this year? There will be courses running every month, here's the full schedule of the courses running - click on your interested course to find out full courses dates, location and further details:
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children (UK Coaching)
- Emergency First Aid in Sport
- How to Coach the Fundamentals of Movement
How to Book
- Identify the courses you wish to attend.
- Complete the online application form by going to www.lrsport.org/bookit
- At the time of making an online booking you have the option to pay online, or pay off-line by sending a cheque made payable to 'Leicestershire County Council' and sent to Business Support, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF.
- Following your online booking you will receive an email notification of your booking and a letter confirming your place on the workshop as well as a map with travel directions to the venue will be forwarded to you prior to the workshop taking place.
- Please book early to avoid disappointment and also note that workshops may be cancelled due to low attendance.