Get your National School Games tickets!
Posted: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 09:42
The National School Games is returning to Loughborough University this summer and tickets are available from just £1!
Running from 31st August-3rd September, teams from across Britain will battle it out on behalf of their areas in the quest for School Games glory.
Last year saw Loughborough University host it for the first time, and the Games are back again this year after a successful event. And even if your school isn't participating, there is the chance to get involved!
Tickets for the National School Games are available for a hugely discounted £1! Just use the code 2017SGYST when prompted. Tickets can now be booked by schools, and there are plenty of bonuses when booking.
Primary Schools that purchase tickets will receive special activity packs with more information on the School Games, with teacher cards designed to help pupils get more active during their school days. The teacher cards include:
- School Games National Final 2017 Factsheet – facts, figures and information about the School Games National Finals.
- School Games Values – information on the school games values and an activity that takes children on a tour around the School Games National Finals 2017 sports venues.
- Active Lifestyles – information and activities to support teachers to increase children's physical activity levels.
- Active Classrooms: Literacy – information and activities to support teachers facilitate literacy activities.
- Active Classrooms: Maths – information and activities to support teachers facilitate maths activities.
And for Secondary Schools, a range of education based workshops are also available.
- Sport Nutrition Workshop
- Sport Science Workshop
- Strength & Conditioning Workshop
- Sports Technology Workshop
- Sports Psychology Workshop
- Athlete Q&A Session
Tickets are available at: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/2017schoolgames?dm_i=2MH2,126I7,343NOX,361Q6,1.
And if you're not part of a school, you can still head on down and cheer the competitors on! Adult tickets are on sale for £6 (normally £8) whilst under-16's are just £3. And for those Under the age of 3, tickets are completely free. Make sure you book early though to avoid disappointment and price increases.
The athletes will compete in: Athletics, Cycling, Fencing, Hockey, Judo, Rugby 7's, Swimming, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Tennis and, new this year, Cricket.
Of the twelve sports, five of them, Athletics, Cycling, Fencing, Swimming and Table Tennis incorporate disability events, and two of them, Wheelchair Basketball and Wheelchair Tennis are Paralympic only sports.
Around 1,600 of the nation's finest young sports stars will participate in this event. Many of the young stars competing in the Schools Games go on to have successful international sporting careers and the alumni include Olympic and Paralympic champions Adam Peaty, Ellie Simmonds (Swimming), Owain Doull (Cycling), Hannah Cockroft (Athletics) and Georgie Twigg (Hockey) to name just a few.
For more information on the National School Games, visit the link below.