Sports Club Grant Criteria
Active Harborough District is a collection of local representatives that aim to develop sport and physical opportunities across the district. The aim of the Grant Scheme is to provide financial assistance to encourage the development of clubs, coaches and players.
Who Can Apply:
1. Sports clubs and organisations in the Harborough District
2. Individuals who are part of a club or organisation, which can apply on their behalf
Training and Development:
You could apply for funding for the costs of attending a sports coaching or leadership course. This could also include the cost of equipment and resources to complete the qualification and any relevant DBS checks or first aid qualifications, up to a maximum of £250
Resources and Equipment:
If your club is in need of new equipment or an upgrade to your existing resources, you could apply for a grant towards this, up to a maximum of £250.
The small print...
About the Active Harborough Districts Sports Club Grant
The objectives of the grant scheme are:
1. To assist the Harborough volunteer sports coaches and leaders to develop their coaching and leadership skills in order to improve the quality of coaching in local clubs and organisations.
2. To assist in increasing the numbers of qualified coaches in the Harborough District.
3. To assist people and clubs within the Harborough District to gain relevant qualifications in sports coaching, leadership, first aid to enable them to gain purposeful employment in the sport and leisure industry, such as the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
4. To assist clubs to buy equipment.
5. To provide a group of sports coaches and leaders who can advocate the work of Active Harborough District and provide help and assistance to Harborough's Sport and Health vision.
- Grants will be considered to a maximum of £250.
- Applicants must be 16 or over.
- Applicants must be volunteering in a club, organisation or community group within Harborough. District, and the club must apply on their behalf.
- Applicants will only be eligible for one funding grant in any one financial year.
- Grants will not usually be offered to the same individual or club for more than two consecutive years
- Active Harborough District reserves the right not to approve applications even when the specified criteria have been met.
- All decisions are subject to the availability of funds.
Applying for Funding for Training or Development
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age if registering on a level 2 qualification.
- Successful applicants/clubs will be required to deliver 10 hours of physical activity sessions/officiating within the Harborough District, which is to be recorded and submitted via a case study once completed.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their course booking and completion.
Applying for Funding for Resources
- Successful clubs/organisations will be required to deliver 10 hours of physical activity sessions within the Harborough District, which is to be recorded and submitted via a case study once completed.
- Successful clubs/organisations will need to provide evidence of proof of purchase and use of equipment purchased in a community setting within Harborough District.
Criteria for Successful Applications
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a Grant Acceptance Form, agreeing to adhere to the above criteria. Active Harborough District reserves the right to reclaim all or part of the grant if criteria are breached.
- Grants will be paid on receipt of a signed Acceptance Form.
- Any applicant receiving a grant from Active Harborough District must be prepared to offer support or attendance in future Active Harborough District ventures, or those of its constituent partners.
- If an applicant's attendance does not take place at the anticipated course for whatever reason, the applicant must inform us immediately and return the grant money. The grant will then be cancelled and the applicant will need to apply again in future.
- The grant must only be used for the purpose for which it is awarded.
- All money awarded will be paid directly to the club or organisation