Physical Activity Guidelines for under Fives
- Children under five who are capable of walking unaided should be physically active daily for at least 3 hours. This should be spread throughout the day.
- Floor-based play and water-based activities should be encouraged in safe environments.
- All under fives should minimise the amount of time spent being sedentary (being restrained or sitting) for extended periods (except time spent sleeping).
Physical Activity can help with:
- Brain Development
- Physical Development
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Increasing concentration, memory and problem solving
- Developing muscles and bones strength
- Making your child's heart and lungs stronger