Active Harborough District and it's Partners aim to support our district clubs with information, advice and opportunities. Please find below some links and documents to help your club to develop, but if you are after something specific please contact the Sport and Health team - email@example.com
CLUBMARK is a cross sport quality accreditation scheme for sports clubs with junior sections and was introduced by Sport England in 2002. The purpose of the CLUBMARK scheme is to:
- Support clubs become stronger and apply sound management principles.
- Ensure that accrediting partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes.
- Empower parents and carers when choosing a club for their children.
- Ensure that CLUBMARK clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding.
Our Partner, Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS), provides free support and templates to achieve CLUBMARK Accreditation. Please click HERE for more information.
Looking for Volunteers?
Volunteers are crucial for the success of community sport. If you feel that your club could benefit from some extra volunteers then Sport@VAL could help you.
Sport@VAL is a dedicated sports volunteering programme that helps clubs to recruit new volunteers and provides advice and guidance on managing your volunteers.
Sport@Val recognise that volunteers in sport come in all shapes and sizes; they are of all ages, have different skills and experiences and are certainly not all elite athletes or highly proficient sports people. However they do all have one thing in common, a real passion for their sport or club.
The free services that are offered by the volunteering team are:
- Advertisement of your opportunities in our specialized sports bulletin which is received by over 3500 volunteers
- Advertisement of all your volunteering opportunities; both online and at our network of volunteer drop in sessions.
- One to one support and advice from experienced volunteering development staff
- Access to information and training on volunteer recruitment and management
If your club or organisation would like some help with volunteering, or if you have any suitable volunatry opportunities then please contact Sport@VAL on the details provided:
Joanne McCarthy (Sports Volunteering Development Officer) Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline: 0116 257 5050
Telephone: 0116 2574984
Voluntary Action LeicesterShire, 9 Newarke Street,Leicester,LE1 5SN
Club details and training sessions within Harborough District
Please go to the Sports Clubs page to find out what clubs are available within Harborough District